home | articles | fictions | poetry | images | audio & video | shop | bio | contact

Monday, September 19, 2005

Today is Not Monday

Usually I avoid working on Sundays, because when you work on Sundays, you often get lots of stuff done, then on Monday you're left with nothing to do but sit around and relax and praise the Lord. And the last thing I want to do is have a relaxed, praise-a-riffic Monday. No, I prefer a stressed, unpleasant, end-of-the-world-is-nigh kind of Monday. That is why I have so far ignored the two projects I have due tomorrow (i.e., Monday). Yes, I want to wake bright and early with that feeling of dread pounding in my chest. I can already taste the lump of terror climbing up my throat and through my tongue to find a permanent home in my tightly clenched scalp. Oh, yes, I can feel the regret, the terrible regret that I agreed to take on these projects in the first place. And I can hear the series of possible excuses leaking into the mind, the half-plausible alibis that may buy me just one more day. Ah, so lovely.

Nope, no work for me today. Tomorrow, yes. But today, I relax.

| More

0 Comments:

Your Comment?