home | articles | fictions | poetry | images | audio & video | shop | bio | contact

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Top 10 Fictional Bands

As we all know, some of the best things in life are entirely untrue. This holds no less to be actually the fact with music as well - I think you'll find.

If I'm honest with myself - and I am not - I must admit that many of my favorite musical ensembles are entirely fictional.

Neal Romanek's Top 10 Favorite Fictional Bands

  1. Armada (aka Rod Torfulsen's Armada)  (of "The Kids In The Hall")
  2. Buckaroo Banzai and the Hong Kong Cavaliers  (of "The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension")
  3. Buddha Stalin  (of "Strangers With Candy")
  4. Dr. Teeth & The Electric Mayhem  (of "The Muppet Show")
  5. The Heaven Seventeen  (of "A Clockwork Orange")
  6. The Monkees  (of "The Monkees")
  7. Mos Eisley Cantina Band  (of "Star Wars, Episode IV")
  8. Spinal Tap  (of "This Is Spinal Tap")
  9. Tenacious D  (of they who are The D)
  10. Ziggy Stardust & The Spiders From Mars  (of "The Rise & Fall of Ziggy Stardust & The Spiders From Mars")

Labels: ,

| More

7 Comments:

The Wayouts - from the Flintstones.

- By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Jul 15, 05:18:00 PM GMT+1  

Isn't "Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Band" one of your favorite non-bands?

- By Blogger howlcram, at Tue Jul 15, 10:31:00 PM GMT+1  

I couldn't decide between The Rutles and Sgt. Pepper.

And what was the name of the pop star in "The Jetsons" who sang "Eep Orp Oop Ah Ah"??

- By Blogger Neal Romanek, at Wed Jul 16, 08:21:00 AM GMT+1  

-Don't have a clue: never watched TV cartoons, except - Ah! Ha! -Speed Racer!

- By Blogger howlcram, at Wed Jul 16, 02:45:00 PM GMT+1  

What do you mean by this comment?
.. watch the spit sizzle??
I do not understand this ..


Hmm, first the "Swiftboaters". Now the...Dresdeners?

"That Vonnegut! He was anti-American. Why, he didn't even spit on the German corpses when we was in Dresden. But me? I like to watch the spit sizzle."

- By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Jul 29, 04:41:00 PM GMT+1  

Just wanted to point out that the Cantina band is actually called Figrin Dan & The Modal Nodes. My wife just told me that she thought it was the Max Rebo Band. I took away her shoe and phone privileges after proving her wrong over Google.

Don't worry, she earned those privileges back with her outrage of your not listing The Oneders from "That Thing You Do!". We both agree that The Oneders sold out when they became simply The Wonders and that it was no surprise that they fell into relative obscurity.

Good call on Armada, though you lose points for not listing them as Rod Torfulson's Armada featuring Herman Menderchuck.

- By Blogger Sean Martin, at Sat Mar 12, 07:32:00 AM GMT  

Max Rebo Band! Hah! (actually had no idea bout that Figrin Dan thing).

I am justly rebuked for excluding Herman Menderchuck and I hang my head in shame.

- By Blogger Neal Romanek, at Sun Mar 13, 07:19:00 AM GMT  

Your Comment?