home | articles | fictions | poetry | images | audio & video | shop | bio | contact

Monday, October 03, 2005

Siamese Fighting Triceratops

We bought a Siamese Fighting Fish (Betta splendens) today.

Normally, I wouldn't work on Sunday, because when you work on Sunday, the people who are not working on Sunday sneak around committing heinous treacheries, trying to "get you" when you're guard is down. But I just wanted to let you all know about the Siamese Fighting Fish, the first vertebrate inhabitant of our new 10 gallon tank.

The new fish is pictured at right.

I have told my wife that I would like to name our first-born son "Triceratops". I think "Triceratops" is a fine name. She disagrees.

Perhaps I will name the fish "Triceratops".

And I could name our first-born son "Fighting Fish"? Now that's a name. "Fighting Fish Romanek". Yeah. That's the one.

| More

3 Comments:

Someone who feels the same way about Sundays as me! Awesome.

Your betta is beautiful =) I was wondering what else you will be putting in the tank with him?

- By Blogger Unknown, at Sun Jun 10, 02:19:00 AM GMT+1  

Thanks, Lea. We had to get rid of the betta when we moved to London last fall. But he went to a good home.

He shared the tank with a couple Corydoras, a small "candy-stripe" plecostomus, and a couple ghost shrimp.

- By Blogger Neal Romanek, at Sun Jun 10, 01:17:00 PM GMT+1  

Congratulations on your having a baby Brit girl;but isn't a fighting fish a danger to her wellbeing? or provides an unwholesome role model? -Suggest you substitute a minnow, which she can watch grow into a pretty frog, giving her a head start in biology. Its croaking will lullaby her into restful sleep, allowing you to quit pacing away the night with her.
GER

- By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thu Jun 28, 03:07:00 AM GMT+1  

Your Comment?