home | articles | fictions | poetry | images | audio & video | shop | bio | contact

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Flickr Flickr Flickr (and more Flickr?)

So it really, really is all about Flickr now.

I suppose.

Remember that brief - very brief - post from a year or two ago, "Buzznet vs. Flickr" Of course you don't. But since the post wasn't much more than the sentence "Buzznet or Flickr?", you may consider yourself has having read it, and remembered it.

I still post pictures on Buzznet. But Buzznet, in its mimicking of MySpace, has become increasingly saturated with teens posting pictures of their favorite bands. For a brief time, Buzznet was everything Flickr was not - but in a good way. Now, Buzznet is everything that Flickr (and MySpace for that matter) is not - but in a not good way.

Fortunately, a lot of the good photographers and artists I met on Buzznet have migrated - semi-permanently - to Flickr, so I don't feel like I'm leaving too many of the homies behind.

You may consider Flickr to be my official still image community of choice, until something better comes along - which won't happen in the next year certainly. Maybe even the next 3 years. Flickr isn't perfect, but it gets the job done consistently, without hitches or complications, and with the semblance of genuine respect for its members - no mean thing.

The next question: Do I dare get rid of nealromanek.com's own photography page and make Flickr my sole image host?

Dare I? Dare I?





| More

0 Comments:

Your Comment?