home | articles | fictions | poetry | images | audio & video | shop | bio | contact

Monday, July 10, 2006

Webhost Switch

Oh, so much, so very much afoot.

The game, for one. Always afoot, that game.

Blasted game.

I'm switching webhosting service. NealRomanek.com was previously hosted by Earthlink, which has some great customer service, but is too expensive and has a primitive toolset for site management. I am also wanting a webhost more international in nature, since the capital of the rabbit + crow Empire will be moving to London come Fall.

I am switching to Bluehost, which - by all accounts - is quite the fine company.

It's slightly possible there may be some glitches, over the next two or three dweeks, when you load any pages that start with www.nealromanek.com. It's not likely. But it's possible. If you are unable to get the page to load, don't freak out. Please don't freak out. Freaking out isn't good for you. Also people who freak out are inclined to lose favor. Simply wait until the panic passes and try to load the page again in an hour or two or three or ten. Any glitchiness should be well ironed out by the end of the month. So if it's August and you're still experiencing freaky glitchiness with nealromanek.com pages, the problem is on your end and you ought to be ashamed of yourself for thinking ill of us here at rabbit + crow who are trying, day and night, so very very hardly to satisfy your every neediness.

The switch in hosts will NOT affect this blog, or the subscriptions to the podcasts, or any of my pictures hosted by Buzznet. If you are having trouble with these, again, if I may quote Bruce McCullough in the "Screw You, Taxpayer" sketch: "Don't brame me."

It is also possible that you will have mail sent to ask@nealromanek.com bounced back to you. I apologize if this happens. If you do get an email back, don't think it's because I've stopped loving you. Simply resend the email after a day or two or three or ten with a vicious series of insults prepended and I will send you a form-letter apology in response.

And, if I may add my experience to the knowledge-pool: People considering a switch in webhosts - it's more of a pain than you would suppose.

| More

1 Comments:

If Earthlink shows up around here...

...I'll take the bastard axe to them!

- By Blogger Neal Romanek, at Wed Jul 12, 10:34:00 PM GMT+1  

Your Comment?