home | articles | fictions | poetry | images | audio & video | shop | bio | contact

Monday, December 04, 2006

2 Months - Guaranteed!

Not that I'm complaining, but I just want to state for the record that it took us two months to get home Internet service.

I'm just saying.

That might seem like a long time to some people. And to others it might not seem a long time. I just want everybody to have access to the facts. And the facts are that, in London, it takes you two months to get DSL up and running in your home ...

... if you spend an hour or two a day making phone calls to the right people.

And in Los Angeles ... well, it takes less time than that.

I always wondered why Britain has never had the film industry that it should. There is tremendous talent here, and a vast variety of expertise.

But now I know.

Tell me, would you want to set up a production office where you might not get an Internet connection until after production was over?

I bet, in Mumbai, to get completely wired up with full-on laser-fast fiber-optic connections, it takes four hours - guaranteed.

| More

3 Comments:

Here at my jobby job in the heart of downtown Manhattan/Greenwich Village, I am on a LAN line. Have seen download speeds in excess of 4mb/sec, and upload speeds of better than 2mb/sec. Just thought it was important for you to know that.

- By Anonymous Anonymous, at Mon Dec 04, 07:18:00 PM GMT  

Greenwich? That's where they have the Prime Marillion!

- By Blogger Neal Romanek, at Mon Dec 04, 09:51:00 PM GMT  

And where they keep the "mean" time, too.

- By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Dec 05, 03:06:00 PM GMT  

Your Comment?