home | articles | fictions | poetry | images | audio & video | shop | bio | contact

Friday, December 22, 2006

Remember

elephant swimming


This is one of my favorite images, an elephant swimming in the Indian Ocean, somewhere off the coast of his homeland. Wonderful. Wonderful.

This morning, London fog, cold fog, fog that is becoming ice. Along hedges of holly, sparkling like angel spit, I saw hanging dozens of frozen spider webs. Silver stars, over and over draped across the red-berried bushes.

The London authorities have said on tv that it will be a "miracle" if The Terrorists do not attack London this Christmas. A miracle, they say.

| More

2 Comments:

That is, indeed, a wonderful image. I've never seen anything like it.

A miracle, huh? I hate the sounds of that...

- By Blogger djn, at Sat Dec 23, 12:59:00 AM GMT  

It's great, isn't it? I guess sometimes they just will go paddling, just for the fun of it.

I feel confident it will be a miraculous Christmas.

- By Blogger Neal Romanek, at Sun Dec 24, 11:32:00 AM GMT  

Your Comment?