home | articles | fictions | poetry | images | audio & video | shop | bio | contact

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Micronauts #12

Some kids collected X-Men, the Fantastic Four, Spiderman.

But not me, no.

Me? Me collected Micronauts comics. Why? Because Micronauts put the mechanics of a complex, sci-fi universe (or micro-verse! TM) first, and heroic fisticuffs second.

And issue #12 was one of the great influences on my young life - an issue entirely devoted to the mano-y-mano battle between Prince Acroyear and his treacherous outcast brother, Shaitan.

When I was at Comic-Con 2006 and saw the original inked cover of issue #12 at one of the booths, I immediately determined that it was not something that I wanted to buy. But it was imperative that I photograph it - an imperative to which I did submit.

The helpful, sympathetic fellow at the booth, which sold primarily original art from comics and illustrated media - said I was not the only one whose bells rang at the sight of that cover.

| More

3 Comments:

I did like X-Men, of course. And Conan. And Star Wars, of course. I didn't collect them regularly though.

- By Blogger Neal Romanek, at Fri Aug 18, 09:52:00 PM GMT+1  

Golden's Artwork was epic. I had the toys when i was bit younger. I hit the jackpot when I Dad took me into a bookstore on a trip up to grandma's house. X-Men 129, 130, Micronauts 10-12 and Ironman 135 all in one shot. I was hooked.

- By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sat Aug 02, 07:22:00 AM GMT+1  

Really great stuff. A top artist.

- By Blogger Neal Romanek, at Sun Aug 03, 07:56:00 AM GMT+1  

Your Comment?